Ed Paynter <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 1 Jun 1998 18:36:56 -0500
At 12:40 PM 6/1/98 -0700, Peter Rauch wrote:
>Oh, btw, a function of ADF/FUI that apparently isn't covered by the MS
>client is File Access Permissions (FACs). This is an important function
>-wouldn't want to leave home without it. (I don't recall if I identified
>the role of FACs as one of ADF/FUI's features in my original
>description.)
> Peter

All these other options are fine, and there are even web pages that will
"watch" sites for you (Dartmouth College has one for example called "the
INFORMANT"), but...

Why use up all the resources required to process web pages, with all the
bandwidth overhead of downloading full HTML sources for each such page,
when a simple little email command (were it implemented on LISTSERV) can
deal with the whole thing?

Ed