Ben Parker <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:17:23 -0700
On Tue, 24 Feb 1998 11:16:39 -0500, Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
wrote:

>> Running: LISTSERV lite on NT4.0 spc 3
>>
>> While I am able to bring up the default mail template in the web
>> browser, edit it, and submit it, it doesn't get saved.  I'm the site
>> manager.
>
>I'm pretty sure (I'd have to try it and I don't have time right now)
>that the web interface will only update list-specific mail templates,
>which of course are disabled in Lite. I don't think you can use it to
>change the default.mailtpl.

I think Francoise is correct, so I just used Notepad to edit the file
directly.  Note that you should keep a backup under different names of both
the original, unmodified DEFAULT.MAILTPL and your modified version.
DEFAULT.MAILTPL may be overwritten when you update the build and you need a
copy of your changes.  Also, any changes you make will affect ALL lists on
your site under the Lite version...