Karen Reznek <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 6 Oct 1999 21:29:10 -0400
Would it be possible to have a daily limit on the number of *lines* (in
addition to number of posts) each member is allowed to post to the list?
We have a problem with posters who post vast amounts of information to
our list, whom it would be a full-time job to review :-). Limiting them
to 5 posts a day would help, but seems unfair to those whose posts take
up far less space. We do have a line limit of 125 to keep the worms and
excessive quoting out, but the info happy posters just break their posts
up and send them in multiple parts. Setting members to a maximum of,
say, 300 lines per day seems a lot more fair as a way to limit the
verbose posters.
--
Karen Reznek
[log in to unmask], [log in to unmask]