Brian Peasey <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 23 Aug 1997 21:15:00 +0000
Hi,

I've have a couple  subscribers who aren't able to signoff on their own.
Normally I can use the 'Scan' and find their orignal address, then
'Del' them. However, I've got two subscribers who that I haven't been
able to help yet.

With the first one, my scan comes up with....

 scan visbas-beginners tmc
"Sean C. Lilley/MDACC"
<[log in to unmask]> SCAN: One match.

but when I try to del the address, I get the following error
message...

>del visbas-beginners [log in to unmask]
Invalid option - "[log in to unmask]". The valid options
are GLobal, LOCal and TEST (minimum abbreviations shown in upper
case).

Any suggestions on how I can remove this address?

The next subscrber, has been trying to get off the list for a couple
of weeks now. Scanning hasn't produced anything close to his address.
He has sent me copies of list mail, so I sure he's trying to get of
my list and not some other similar list.

His current address is [log in to unmask] and
claims to have been subscribed as  [log in to unmask]
Scanning does come up with a few @nswc.navy.mil but
all with very different sir names.

Any ideas?

Thanks for your help :-]