Eric Thomas <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 13 Feb 1995 00:19:49 +0100
On Sun, 12  Feb 1995 16:39:23 -0500  Roger Burns <[log in to unmask]>
said:

>(1) I wish that the keyword "Notify=" could designate specific addresses
>to   send   notifications  to,   in   addition   to  having   Yes   mean
>send-to-the-owners as a default.

It does!

>(2) I believe that notices about  "your list is being HELD" currently go
>to the Errors-to  address? Could a new keyword be  created which directs
>these "held" notices to a specific  address? I personally send errors to
>an address that I  don't check daily, but I wish to  be notified about a
>held  list instantly.  As  it  stands now,  I  can't  separate the  held
>notification from bounce mail.

I'm not sure how  it worked before the code was  converted from REXX, but
in 1.8b these  errors go to the  list owner except in the  case where the
daily threshold is exceeded. This goes to "Errors-To=" because this error
is raised by the  code that looks for mailing loops  (it's the "last line
of defense", so to speak).

  Eric