Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 10:48:55 -0400
>>Obviously, I think the solution is  to make the next version of LISTSERV
>>capable of understanding files sent to it in BASE64 and QUOTED-PRINTABLE
>>format,
>
>That has  already been  implemented, and  indeed it will  be in  the next
>version.

Thank you Eric!  The FULLHDR setting has been working for us, but it
sounds like your next version will be yet another improvement that will
help our subscribers who have inadequate hardware and software.  Many of
these people are language teachers with little understanding of what is
required to use e-mail that includes special characters needed for their
languages.  We try to provide this information and encourage them to
lobby their administrators for the hardware and software.  This change
should help them by encouraging the implementatioin of a standard for
dealing with character sets.

Bob
 Robert Ponterio                  | [log in to unmask]
 co-manager of FLTEACH            | State Univ. of New York Cortland
 Foreign Language Teaching Forum  -----------------------------------
 http://www.cortland.edu/www/flteach/