Dan Wheeler <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Feb 1995 22:56:51 -0500
The HWY61-L owner asked:

> I rec'd a plea from a subscriber to HWY61-L digest, and just frankly
> don't have a clue as to what happened to this person's digest. No one
> else had a problem, and my own came through fine as well. Marty's
> however, really was cut off suddenly.

Here is a clue to be checked out:

> >There are 54 messages totalling 1403 lines in this issue.

Some email systems have limits of the length of received
messages.  A thousand lines seems to a common value for the limit
on those systems that have limits.  It would be nice if the
systems that cut off messages at 1000 lines added a note
explaining that the message exceeded the limit, but I don't think
many of them do.

We have all of our digests set to size limits of 1000 lines and I
haven't heard of any problems.  This is the line in our list
header:

*  Digest= Yes,Same,Daily,00:30,size(1000)

It is possible that there is some other problem, but I think it
is unlikely that it was a control character in the middle of the
text.  I have seen some strange things happen to messages with
control characters in them, but I don't think this is one of
them.

                          Peace,  Dan

<<  Daniel D. Wheeler          Internet:  [log in to unmask]  >>
<<  University of Cincinnati     Bitnet:  wheeler@ucbeh       >>