Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 18 Sep 2005 09:35:15 -0400
Dear Michael:

I just took a quick look at your newsletter ... my comments relative to your questions, follow

1) since the text doesn't seem to have URLs, sending your NL in HTML does not add value UNLESS you were to [by edit] provide "clickable" URLs, graphics, and/or styled text

2) if you were to provide clickable URLs, then I presume that the recipient is actually going to click through to the pages.  IF that is the case, then why can't they just as easily view your NL online with all of the clickable links, etc. there followed by any click-thrus to the target URLs?

if you were to provide HTMLized text, my initial suggestion would be for your to send out two separate postings.  Though not necessary, it would probably be easiest for your subscribers to choose among two lists, and not use the TOPICS since that adds a level of complexity UNLESS they can follow your instructions on how to alter their subscription options.

/Pete