Robert Ponterio <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 8 Nov 1994 22:13:22 -0400
I would like the opinions of others about the REVIEW= list keyword.  We
had set it to PRIVATE to allow only list subscribers to review the list
but recently, after seeing a vendor subscribe to the list and then use
review to generate a mailing list, I wonder about restricting review to
the postmaster and owners.

On the one hand we want to protect our subscribers, on the other we
might be overreacting.  The ability to review the list is a feature that
a number of subscribers appreciate, though we also maintain a searchable
file of subscriber biographies on our gopher.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Bob

 Robert Ponterio                  | [log in to unmask]
 co-manager of FLTEACH            | State Univ. of New York Cortland
 Foreign Language Teaching Forum