Fri, 4 Mar 1994 11:43:06 EST
        Some time ago I received some information through this list
about how to gate a list into UseNet.  I have followed the procedure,
but have not received any response from parties said to be responsible
for these matters.  The last instruction was:

  5.  Write to [log in to unmask]  or [log in to unmask] to
      say that all of the criteria  have been met. Indicate the gateway
      site (if you  wish some site besides auvm.american.edu  to be the
      gateway), Listserv list name,  Listserv host node, list owner(s),
      and  a short  (45  character maximum)  description  of the  list.
      News-admin will  establish and/or register the  gateway, and then
      post to  bit.admin to  say that the  gateway is  operational. The
      subject  of   the  posting   will  be  "Gateway   for  <listname>
      operational".

I have recieved no response from the "[log in to unmask]"
address, though I've mailed them twice in the past two weeks.  Also,
bit.admin has been totally quiet during this time.  Is there a list
owner that has gone through this process recently out there, who has
an inkling of what might be going wrong?

        Taner Edis,  SKEPTIC list owner