Fri, 6 Oct 2006 16:04:20 -0500
On Fri, 6 Oct 2006, John Cunniff wrote:
> To make this clear to me. If you issued PW RSET will that delete an old
> password?

Actually, I think it is PW RESET xxxxxxxxxx

But, yes, my understanding is that it will replace whatever the old
password was with the new, *if* you send it from the same address for which
the old password is registered.

This is distinct from PW CHANGE, where you have to give both the old
password and the desired new password.  PW RESET doesn't care what the
old password was.

This is simply what I've read in LISTSERV docs, I've never actually used
either PW RESET nor PW CHANGE, though subscribers whom I've advised
haven't complained that they don't work as advertised.

Douglas Winship  [log in to unmask]