Spencer M Anspach <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 16 Jul 1996 11:22:19 -0500
Judith Hopkins wrote:
>I received the Daily Error Monitoring Report as usual this morning and
>noted a listing for a subscriber at ZODIAC.RUTGERS.EDU   It showed one
>error, for Host Unknown, on 7/13/96.   The odd thing is that I have
>been receiving multiple error messages for the subscription in question
>since 7/13/96 (of the type "Attempts have been made for 4 days to deliver
>your message"); I received at least a dozen this morning alone.    So why
>does the report show only one error?

Recall that the errors you get are the ones that LISTSERV doesn't
understand; the one on the Daily Error Monitoring Report is one that
LISTSERV *did* understand.  LISTSERV, in essence, doesn't know
anything about all those that you've been dealing with yourself, thus
the count of 1 for errors.

I believe that ZODIAC.RUTGERS.EDU no longer exists (anyone nearer the
source who can confirm/deny?).  I recently killed two subscriptions
from this machine that had been bouncing for quite some time, but
there are many more subscribers to my list from other machines @
Rutgers that are doing just fine.

Spencer