S Lamido <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 22 Nov 2004 15:15:39 -0000
Please can you explain step by step and I will give it a try and report back

Susanne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Kevin Parris
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Monday, November 22, 2004 3:06 PM
  Subject: Re: Bottom Banners

  I haven't tried this myself, but have seen mention somewhere that in
  1.8e the content-filtering mechanism can be used to reduce the "banner
  quoted in reply" nuisance.  As I understand it, the technique is to put
  the text of your bottom_banner in a content filter specification also,
  to cause any message containing it to be refused by the server.

  Because of the Data Protection we have a standard bottom banner for all
  the lists
  HTML & text.

  How do we fix it so the banner does not keep muliplying when people
  reply.
  Is there anyway to strip it out so it only appears once.

  For discussion lists people now have got into the habit of cleaning off
  the old messages or making them shorter for reference but they leave the
  banner. The result is banner after banner according to the number of