Fri, 2 Dec 1994 19:13:15 -0600
On Fri, 2 Dec 1994, Roger Burns wrote:

> -- do this kind of work.  I'd like to think that there should be a way for a
> list-owner who is neither on BITNET nor on a technically correct Unix site to
> GET, edit, and PUT his own FILELIST.  I note that it's possible to GET a
> UUencoded version of FILELIST.  I wish it were possible to PUT it in a
> similar fashion.

Roger, as I said privately when you first asked about this I don't
understand why you need a special program to edit your filelist.  I
do it all the time with Pine and Elm with absolutely no problems, and
I am definitely not at UBVM.  I do have access to an account there, but
don't use it for that.  Just exactly what problems are you having?

Also, are you talking about your filelist or the list itself?  If the
later, I can't help you as I never get our list with the intent of
editing it, only for review purposes (I'm a coward, you see, afraid
of scrwing up the list).  But the filelist is easy, with a regular old
mailer that doesn't show even 80 columns.  If you can edit and PUT
your header with your system I would think you could do the same
with your filelist.

        Douglas Winship    Austin, Texas    [log in to unmask]
                    Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner