Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 Nov 2004 16:21:36 -0500
On 11/21/2004 3:46 PM, Charles Oriez wrote:

> Given the dangers of html only mail, is there a way in listserv to block
> it? Ideally I'd like to bounce it back to the sender so they can resend
> correctly. but protecting my users from attack, especially non technical
> users who don't know basic security things like keeping the email review
> window closed, has got to be my priority.

LISTSERV 1.8e will reject HTML-only messages, if the list is configured
with 'Language= NoHTML'. If your list is hosted on a system running
LISTSERV 1.8d, your only recourse is moderation, either of the entire
list or of the individuals who are sending HTML-only messages.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems administrator