Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 16:55:44 -0500
On 1 Dec 2005 at 15:29, Nelson R. Pardee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> On Thu, 1 Dec 2005, Francoise Becker wrote:
>
> >On 1 Dec 2005 at 12:13, Nelson R. Pardee <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
> >
> >> But I'm still puzzled because, for example, I see failures
> >> for one address every day all month, but it isn't deleted. So the Delay(5)
> >> should catch the person regardless of the MAX(100).
> >
> >I'd have to see more details to diagnose that specific problem.
>
> Be glad to do it. What is needed?

Well, to start with, a recent Error Monitoring report that shows it's
been recording bounces for over 5 days for that address and the
results of a QUERY on the subscription for another. If you have
changelogs enabled, a check of the changelog entries for that address
over the last month may or may not be instructive.

> >However, if specifically the *probe* processing is causing
> >performance problems, you can change the Probe rate on the Auto-
> >Delete= keyword so that fewer addresses get probed each day.
> >
> >If your site isn't running HPO, you should consider upgrading to HPO
> >as well.
>
> Our cpu utilization on the box averages less than 5%. This is by far our
> most active large list (those that are larger are once a day distribution
> lists). I wouldn't mind going to HPO, but I don't have a compelling case
> to take to management, at least yet.

You should start by reducing the probing rate anyway.

Is the list set to Mail-merge=Yes, by any chance? That would increase
the number of probes, because then every message would be a probe
instead of just max one probe per day per person.

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html