Sat, 23 Sep 2000 18:48:25 -0500
On Fri, 22 Sep 2000, Daniel P. Martin wrote:
> (1) All subscribers need to be set to NOPOST,DIGEST except for the list
> managers themselves.  No subscribers should be able to reset the DIGEST
> option.  I.E., I need a method to lock down subscription options.

I can think, offhand, of two ways, both a lot of work.
1) If sub is by owner, just keep the list locked except for those times
   when you need to do something with the header or list.  That obviously
   will not work if sub is open.

2) Add the addresses of all subscribers to you Filter keyword.

I admit neither is very attractive, but they are doable.  I also have
wished, at times, for the ability to prevent a particular subscriber
from changing his MAIL option.

> (2) Digests need to be distributed only during the early morning hours of
> the business week (Mon-Fri between 02:00-04:00).  Any posts made to the list
> by the moderators on Friday should be held across the weekend and not
> distributed until early Monday morning.

The time of daily DIGEST distribution is not a problem, no distribution
on weekend is something else.  Umm. set the distribution time in the list
header, then after the Friday morning distribution put the list on HOLD.
FREE the list Sunday afternoon.  Would that work?

From what you say I assume you are being paid for this (I wish).  Charge
more for the extra hands-on work.

Douglas