"ROUSSEAU, Naomi" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 21 Feb 2003 16:55:58 -0000
I've received an error message for one of our lists that says an error
occurred while logging mail to the archives.  The list is being held 'to
prevent further occurrences'.  I've not come across this before, and can't
find anything in the on-line manual.  Does anyone know why this might have
occurred, and whether it is ok to just free the list?

Naomi

Naomi Rousseau
Internet Officer
London Library & Information Development Unit
(020) 7692 3390
www.londonlinks.ac.uk

-----Original Message-----
From: L-Soft list server at TPMDE-48.TPMDE.AC.UK (1.8d)
[mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: 20 February 2003 15:12
To: Naomi Rousseau
Subject: Message ("An error occurred while logging mail to the...")

An   error  occurred   while  logging   mail   to  the   archives  of   the
HLTHPROM-RESOURCES list. An incomplete copy of the message might be present
in the archive file. The list  is being held to prevent further occurrences
of  this   error.  Please  take   corrective  action  and  issue   a  "FREE
HLTHPROM-RESOURCES" command when you want the message to be reprocessed.

Serious error occurred - traceback follows
>>> Error X'00000070' writing file
C:\listserv\MAIN\HLTHPROM-RESOURCES.LOG0302C <<<
 -> Severity: No error
 -> Facility: Generic error codes
 -> Abstract: Function not implemented
 -> I/O mode: Record write