Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 1 Dec 2005 18:18:06 -0500
On 1 Dec 2005 at 17:35, Karen R <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

> Slightly off the subject. My list is running on 1.8d I have
> Auto-delete= yes,full-auto,delay(5),max(100),Probe(1) in my header.
>
> The Probe(1) is an attempt to find out which AOL members are junking list
> mail. But Probe(1) only goes out every other day, rather than the every
> day I'd hoped for. Has this changed in the current version of Listserv?

Hmm... Do you have postings every day? Probe(1) should make the first
posting of the day a probe for everyone, but of course there will
only be a probe if there is a first posting of the day.

I don't recall any bugs getting fixed with regard to Probe not
sending out probes as often as it should, but 1.8d is pretty old and
I'm getting there too, so my memory may be faulty ;-) At any rate,
there have been so many improvements since 1.8d that I would
recommend upgrading regardless (if you have any influence over the
site).

--
Francoise Becker <[log in to unmask]>

Knowledge is just a click away: http://www.lsoft.com/optin.html