Darren Evans-Young <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 20 Jul 2001 14:39:11 -0500
This message was posted to both LSTSRV-L and LSTOWN-L.

Back in March, I posted info about certain addresses mass subscribing
to lists at our site. This has been an ongoing thing but with different
addresses each time. I have some software in place that emails me each
hour with the top 10 addresses subscribed to the most number of lists,
so these bad ones stand out.  The most recent attempt, the confirmations
arrived 4 hours later but all received within 2-3 seconds of each other.
They are also attempting to subscribe to lists that havent existed
for many years.

Below is the current list of the bad boys.  Please check your lists and
remove the offenders. I'm curious how widespread this problem is.
Here's the current list:

Filtering *@FPT.VN *@vnmaster.com *@saigonguide.com *@*.net.sg *@*.vnn.vn

Darren Evans-Young,
Univ. of Alabama