Mark Hunnibell <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 16:45:35 -0500
Mentor:

>   Can some tell me how can get the files in the right format?

In my previous reply, I felt I gave enough information about the problems
involved here. You cannot get LISTSERV to store files with 8 bit
characters (accurately) unless you send the job wrapped in a special kind
of BASE64 called XB64.  And once it is there, you have two options to get
the file via normal E-Mail: GET FN FT F=MIME or GET FN FT F=UUE.  The
latter sends the file as a UUEncoded file which you must then extract and
decode externally from your mail program (whereas the F=MIME should decode
on delivery). I think if there were alternatives, you'd have heard them by
now, especially since Eric has weighed in.

> Does the F=MIME option work with PUT command?

No.

By the way, I like the trick you pulled by making your password into
3dsomething.  Too bad it didn't work. I thought that was cute.

Mark Hunnibell                  Email: [log in to unmask]
KIDLINK Gopher/WWW Coordinator  http://www.connix.com/~markh/index.html