"Mariani, Michael" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 9 Apr 2003 16:03:45 -0700
Hi Listologists,
I am having difficulty creating a recurring announcement header.  I want the
announcement header to read so:
Integrated Launch Update #04 (April 2003)
The underlined (dates and numbers) are dynamic variables I have declared
using the .SE and commands.  I have tried to make them dynamic via boolean
conditions (.BB & .EB) but I cannot figure out the right boolean comparisons
for dates.  This is partly due to not being able to find it in the manual
you supplied online and partly because I am dumb :).

Here is a piece of code I am having trouble with (marked where I think the
bugs are):
.SE COMPARE &DATE
.SE ISSUE error!
.BB Apr IN &COMPARE
.SE ISSUE 04
.SE MONTH April
.BB &COMPARE > 09* .... <Bug here>
.SE ISSUE 04, NF #01
.EB
.BB &COMPARE > 26* .... <Bug here>
.SE ISSUE 05
.SE MONTH May
.EB
.EB

The problem here, assuming &DATE produces "Apr 07 2003", is obviously that
it keeps dropping to the last condition of the boolean expression.  The
outcome is ISSUE always equals "05" and MONTH always equals "May", when it
is the month of April.  How can I compare dates like this to get the desired
result?

Your help is greatly appreciated!

Mike Mariani
Program Manager - MMBP