Brian Lingard <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 20 Apr 1999 19:38:43 -0400
20 April 1999 Ottawa Canada

I can think of a couple of ways of avoiding tripping the SPAM detector in
a Listserver.  First and most secure from a Listserv maintainer and
listowner perspective is to put the 30 or more lists in a super-list
which will ship out all posts to the super-list to its component regular
lists.

This will work great if you only need one level of grouping.  If you have
a need for posts to go to various pre-defined and finite sub-groups of
the full suite of lists for the department I suppose you could create a
collection of super lists for each combination although I do not know if
Listserv will allow a list to be a member of more than one super list or not.

It would probably be highly desirable to have subscription to the super
list or super lists for the department by owner with send private to
restrict it to only subscribers of the super list or lists.

I can also think of at least one other method of posting to a large
number of lists without tripping the Spam detector but will not post it
here as there is no guarantee the readership of this list are all
listowners.  I will gladly discuss it privately with you and Eric Thomas
or Nathan Brindle though.

Brian Lingard