"Pauline M. Gabriel" <[log in to unmask]>
Sun, 21 Nov 1999 17:07:14 -0600
I have been beating myself against a brick wall for over a year now, but with
more vigor for about the last month or so.  Over a year ago, there was an
incident with our list, that resulted in MULTIPLE changes to the welcome,
the header, the mailtpl, and defults to the list.  We have since then,
recovered most of the changes, getting things back to normal.  As we
stand right now, the listmembers notice nothing, but there is one major
(admin-wise) difference.

Since redoing everything, we have been missing out on our notices when
one of us adds a subscriber.   The 'ADD1' form in the template.  Now, we
have notify= yes, (it was notify= owners for a while), and we get notice that
when people leave, but thru testing, we have noticed that the ADD1 doesn't
ever get sent.....not to us, and not even to the subscribers.  (they never get
the <addy> has added you to <list>).  They get the welcome/sign-up, but
not he add1.

Does anyone have any ideas as to why?  We have even included a line
that reads:

.to &WHOM .cc &OWNERS

but that hasn't seemed to help.

If you would like to see the template, I can send it, but I didn't want to
spam the list with it.  Everything else in the template is working OK, we
have matching >>>'s etc.

I am totally befuggled about this one, and frankly, it is getting on my
nerves. (and before you ask, yes, this worked before the changes, and it
works on my other two lists that I have all hosted by the same server).

Can anyone help?

Also, since I am here, I have two other questions.
2) Is there any option to have, similar to Majordomo, listserv to put
(anywhere in the message) a line something like:

This message sent by:  <name> <addy>

and 3) Is there any option to set, to notify the listowner when people
change their address with the 'change' command, or when they set
themselves to a particular option (removing the ADMIN topic, setting to
nomail, or especially, conceal).  I am not hopeful with this last one, but I
thought it couldn't hurt to ask. ;)

Take care, and have a wonderful remainder of the weekend.
Pauline M. Gabriel               [log in to unmask]
i-barc,smalldogs,dog-rescue,pegasus-lstowners Listowner
Contents of this message are covered by copyright by
the author, and may NOT be forwarded, or quoted without
express written permission.