Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 12 Oct 2006 13:03:38 -0400
At 12:49 10/12/2006 Thursday, Ian Fairclough wrote:

>Short of a manual count: Can you (or any LSTOWN-L reader) advise me how to
>find out how many subscribers have actually posted to the list?  And how
>many messages each person has sent?   Also, the count for the number of
>messages only goes back as far as January 2005, whereas the list began
>operations in October 2004.  Can I get a complete count? - Ian

Unless you (or GOOGLE ) has archives, it would be difficult.  How far back does your CHANGE-LOG go?  IF you have that.  Of course you can do some spreadsheet type processing on the output of the change-log.

Remember, most lists don't hit the Internet spewing ('er distributing) a bunch of messages -- there's a ramp-up process reaching a steady-state plateau.

Pick a relevant time period and extrapolate if necessary.