"Jim Schaefer Ext.9758/8038" <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 24 Feb 1995 16:48:10 -0400
About 2 days ago, I issued a lists global command sent to brownvm.brown.edu
and what was returned was not a one-line per list file, but two or more lines
per list.  It was much easier for a person to read, but I was using a simple
command file on a VAX and the search command to find lists of interest using
a root word, like "educ" or "travel".

The old format returned the list name as well as the short description.
With the new format, my command file returns the description that
follows the list name (usually one line above), but not the name itself.

Is there any way to get the "old" style lists global?  Otherwise, I have
to start with a new strategy for retrieveing this information.  I use the
list results for queries from my subscribers, and to direct my students
to lists of interest.

Thanks for any help.

Jim Schaefer, owner of [log in to unmask]