George Buckner <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 17 Aug 1994 15:43:00 EDT
Hello fellow listowners:

We have recently implemented the RENEWAL option, and our listserver has
dutifully sent renewal confirmation notices to most of our subscribers.
My first question is: Why not *all* of our subscribers? What condition
is it waiting for before it gets around to the rest?

My second question concerns handling requests from users who say
they are unable to confirm because the listserv doesn't recognize
them ...either their source address has changed, or the address
translation, by the time it reaches the listserv, no longer matches
up with the address they originally registered with.  I know I can
CONFIRM <listname> FOR <subscriberaddress> but this still leaves
us with the address mismatch problem.

It seems to me the best way around this problem is to DEL the
subscriber's old address and ADD the new address.  Is there an
easier way?

Thanks in advance.

George Buckner
Co-owner, Psyche-D and Psyche-L @IRIS.RFMH.ORG