Roger Fajman <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 17 Sep 1996 19:58:56 EDT
> The first question was whether listserv will explicitly send me mail
> when the monitored person actually gets deleted.
>
> Answer: Yes, it's at the front of the monitoring report

I wish that LISTSERV had the option to send me a copy of the bounce
message that caused the deletion too.  When I manually delete someone,
I save the bounce message that led me to do it.  Then, if the person
receives the "you have been deleted by" message and writes to me, I can
send it to them to illustrate why they were deleted.  Seems to be
effective.  I'd like to be able to do it for auto-deletes too.

> > The following 3 subscribers are currently being monitored:
> >
> > Err First Last  Address
> > --- ----- ----- -------
> >                 Last error: No such local user.

I wish there were a little more information in these reports.
Sometimes the error count goes above 100 without the address being
deleted and it's not clear why (the address is on the list).  It gives
the first and last dates for errors, but not the number of consecutive
days, which is part of the algorithm for deciding when to delete
someone.

Has anyone done any experimentation with auto-delete parameters
for low activity lists?  We have some that don't get posts every
day and that would take a very long time to reach 100 errors.