Judith Hopkins <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 7 Nov 1994 17:44:54 EST
On Mon, 7 Nov 1994 15:39:12 -0500 Matt Larson said:
>I have a user here how wants to auto-delete those users who repeatedly
>bounce messages. I figure there has to be a way.
>
>matt larson, information services, umab, 100 n greene st, baltimore, md 21201
>[log in to unmask]  410-706-8424   410-706-4191 (FAX)

I'm not sure I understand this question.   AUTO-DELETE is a function
performed automatically, as the term implies, by LISTSERV when it is
unable to identify a user or host named in an address.  Human beings
do not auto-delete.

However, listowners (human beings) can delete any subscribers they wish.
If they feel a particular subscriber is too much of a nuisance because
his/her account is always bouncing messages, then the listowner should
simply address a message to LISTSERV@<the appropriate node>  saying:
  delete <listname> <subscriber address>        (without the angle brackets)
If the listowner wishes to do this without informing the subscriber
just insert the word   "quiet" (without the ") before the word "delete".

Judith Hopkins, Listowner of [log in to unmask]
  Internet: [log in to unmask]
  Bitnet:   ulcjh@ubvm