Mario Rups <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Jul 1994 14:40:04 -0400
>Subj:  SIZELIM needed? (was Correction: Top 20...)
>        Lewis' needlessly elephantine posting makes me wonder whether
>LSTOWN-L would benefit from imposing a limit on the size of postings.
>Say, SIZELIM> 250?
>
>        Or perhaps the list should simply restrict posting to
>subscribers?  Since Lewis couldn't be bothered either to edit out the
>hundreds of lines of egomaniacal filler or to check to see whether
>LSTOWN-L is moderated, perhaps he also wouldn't have made the effort
>to subscribe.
>
>        Just my curmudgeonly thoughts for the day :-).
>
>        Joan Korenman        Internet: [log in to unmask]
>                             Bitnet:   korenman@umbc

582 lines?  To a list of listowners?!  And he's not even a subscriber
(unless he's one of the five concealed members)!

Not to mention possible copyright problems in sending out whole articles
like that.

Definitely, I would like to register myself as a fellow curmudgeon with Ms
Korenman.  A listowner's list, one would think, shouldn't have to set up
protections like file size limitations or being closed, but perhaps it
arises as a possibility ...

Mario Rups