Sun, 10 Sep 1995 12:47:55 -0400
In a message dated 95-09-09 23:58:40 EDT, Aaron Bradley
<[log in to unmask]> writes:

>Posted to OUTDOR-L and the sender.
>
>If there's one thing that will make me hit the keyboard it's finding
>unsolicited advertising in my mailbox.  If I ever find an advertising
>message from I. Group Systems Inc. in my mailbox again I'll write a
>mail script that brings the igroupsystems.com server to its knees.
>
>I suggest that each similarly-assaulted OUTDOR-L subscriber send an
>appropriately outraged and vitriolic message to [log in to unmask]
>letting them know how they feel about this serious breach of
>netiquette.

Right on, Aaron!  Maybe these dirtballs don't get it yet, "it" being
netiquette.

But I suspect from parsing their message that they get it all too well, so
they did their premise, warm-up, solution, close, and cool-down, all in one
message.  They will settle for 1% or 0.1% response, and we will never hear
from them again under the I. Group Systems name.

If we Outdor-L subscribers bite, they will be back under other names for
other one-call closes, and/or Outdor-L will be on the suckers list for all of
their fellow slime buckets.

So, what can we do, other than wimp-out and be victims?

1) Don't, under any circumstances whatever, buy their product/service.

2) Send the poster <[log in to unmask]> a message, telling him/her/it
what you think.  (Or Forward this message with a few words of agreement, if
you wish.)

(You may find that <[log in to unmask]>, which Aaron mentioned in his
message, is an auto-reply mailer, which will not read your message, and will
instead just return a canned message from the offender.  Better to send your
complaint to the poster, who was Jhari <[log in to unmask]>.)

3) Send a message to Outdor-L's "owner," Jim Cocks
<[log in to unmask]>, asking Jim to set the Outdor-L's list
software to reject postings from the domain @IGROUPSYSTEMS.COM.  (As noted
above, this is of little direct consequence, but some list owners trade
trouble makers' addresses -- a kind of shit list, if you will, where these
sorry pieces of scat belong.)

4) Send a message to LSTOWN-L <[log in to unmask]>, a discussion list
for list owners, asking all of them to set their their lists' software to
reject the sleeze's postings.

If anyone knows how to request of the Internet governing people that I. Group
Systems' Internet node <@IGROUPSYSTEMS.COM> be removed from the routing
table, making them Internet non-persons, please post it here as action item 5
(and 6 and 7 ..., if need be).

Do something NOW, before you forget it. The Internet we get will be the one
we (implicitly or explicitly) ask for.

--Jeff