George Frajkor <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 4 May 1993 14:20:19 -0400
  I have come across what seems to me to be a new error.
On two of the lists I manage, people who have tried using the "reply"
function have found that their program picks up the headers of the
messages of the messages they are replying to, instead of just the
body of the message.  This seems to confuse listserv, as the 'from' or
'reply to' fields in the headers are flagged as errors.  Instead of
getting distributed to the list, the reply comes to me as an error.
      It's the first time I'v run across this.  Two people from .com
sites were affected, so I presumed it was the fault of a
commercial-type service like MCI .. but the last one was from an .edu
site.
Could off-line mailers be doing this?? Has anyone run across this
before??

      Also, can you tell me if there is a list of 'hotspots' which
generate more errors than most sites?  i seem to have more problems
with mailers in the U K than anywhere else.

    Jan George Frajkor                      _!_
 School of Journalism, Carleton Univ.      --!--
 1125 Colonel By Drive                      /^\
 Ottawa, Ontario                         /^\   /^\
 Canada K1S 5B6
 [log in to unmask]      /   [log in to unmask]
  o: 613 788-7404   fax: 613 788-6690  h: 613 563-4534