Pete Weiss <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 29 Dec 2005 18:52:40 -0500
Though I am by no means a DNS guru, I see that three DNSes have been defined for CCSI.COM via WHOIS:

Domain servers in listed order:

    INFINITY.CCSI.COM            216.236.168.2
    QUEST.CCSI.COM               216.236.168.11
    DNS1.NEKSUS.COM              203.76.96.4

The last one (dns1.neksus.com) does NOT respond.  Perhaps LOC's mailer

sun8.loc.gov

does NOT properly (don't know what that means since I don't think it is an RFC requirement) to cycle thru the other defined DNSes during its anti-spam filter.

I've CC their site postmaster in hopes that s/he will be able to give us further advice.

From the DOTGOV.GOV WHOIS search (they deal with their own domain name system issues, but may provide insight (insite ;-)) contact info:

Technical POC: (202) 707-9073

One anomaly that I'm curious about: when I lookup NS records for CCSI.COM in each of the other two defined DNSes, neither return dns1.neksus.com as a resolver for the domain.

Regards,

/pete weiss

<Begin Forward>