Dave Greenfield Systems's Programmer 315-433-8315 <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 23 Dec 1994 09:37:07 EST
From: Dave Greenfield        Systems's Programmer  315-433-8315

currently, we are running OV/VM. we have the need to have users change to a
different mail package - in this case cc:mail. i have written a routine to run
in a svm that will re-route mail from a cms user to cc:mail (note that they
have been deleted as an OV user). i have a test LISTSERV called SAMPLE. one
note is that i'm using logic from PUMP. when i send a note to a user of the
list, the SVM sees mail for a user and re-routes it. in the $$mail$$ file, the
MAIL TO: is [log in to unmask] and the from is
[log in to unmask] the mail gets delivered to the the user on cc:mail
but the reply-to is now [log in to unmask] when i reply to the note,
mailer appears (?) to get it and it then sits in SAMPLE's reader file -
waiting for LISTSERV. a short time later, it is gone from SAMPLE's reader and
there is not console entry in LISTSERV.

i'm sure the problem is the [log in to unmask] (our vm internet address)
- i believe. can anyone help me on this.

thanx.

               * This note carried on 100% recycled electrons *

 Dave Greenfield           º Internet: [log in to unmask]
 Systems Programmer        º
 OCM BOCES RIC             º
 6820 Thompson Road        º
 P.O. Box 4866             º Central New York Regional Information Center
 Syracuse, NY 13221-4866   º   "Technology in Support of Education"