Peter Rauch <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 26 Sep 1996 13:09:23 PDT
Nathan,
I do not believe that you are stating (see below) that anything in
brackets is optional AND that simultaneous multiple selections can be
made from among those options? (While that happened to be the case for
the most current documentation of the SEND keyword, it certainly
wouldn't work for all keywords. And even for the currently documented
(Rev 3) SEND keyword, the syntax model does not instruct in the
placement of the comma-separator.)

So, my follow-up question still remains: Is the following legal?

SEND= access-level,Semi-Moderated,Hold,Confirm

As I read the [revised] syntax model

Send= access-level [,Semi-Moderated | Hold | Confirm | Hold,Confirm]

it is not legal. I read the "|" as mutually-exclusive choices, right?

I read the "|" that was for all the Listserv User Manual documentation,
right? Sorry to pester about this, but I think it is important to
be unambiguous about listserv's model command syntax, and to follow
traditional (and workable) notation reasonably closely. (I can live
with the spaces... ;>), although that "KEYWORD= xxxx"  versus "KEYWORD=xxxx"
has bitten a lot of people over the years.)
Peter R