"Ahern, Shannon" <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 19 Feb 2003 14:00:44 -0800
Hi-

Just today we've received > 5 mass email spams to one of our edited
lists.   I've never seen a spam message get through to any other list of
ours (all require subscription to post).  Is there any way to find out
why this is the case?  If one list is getting spammed, I would have
expected them all to be spammed. Is there a way I can when the spam
filter deploys and what it has rejected?

Or are all of the lists getting spammed, but the listserv software
automatically filters out spam for the unmoderated lists, but passes the
buck for the moderated list?

I did check the documentation, but I didn't see any mention of the spam
filter operating differently based on whether the list was edited or
not. (Not to say I couldn't have missed it!)

TIA!

Shannon  :-)
Shannon Ahern
DevelopMentor
http://www.develop.com
"Who do you think you are, God?" asked the victim of my cancelbot. I
replied, "No. God works in mysterious ways. I follow established
protocols." - Richard E. Depew