Birdie MacLennan <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 20 Dec 1995 18:09:13 EST
Nathan Brindle wrote:
Subject: Re: send=editor

>No, it does not work with 1.8a.  It's a "new" feature in 1.8b.

>Nathan

>On Tue, 19 Dec 1995 22:35:00 EST linda -i didn't think this through said:
>>If you change to SEND=EDITOR,HOLD then the editor can simply use the
>>standard listserv OK mechanism to approve the posting with your desired
>>result....
 <snip>

Hi.  I was experimenting with this configuration on my list and
couldn't figure out how to make the OK mechanism work with send=
editor,hold.  How does the "standard ok mechanism" work?
For example, if I'm editing/monitoring list mail from a unix/pine mailer
and want to preserve the original sender's name/address (my older version
of pine is not capable of bounce/forwarding mail to preserve the header)
I get a preliminary paragraph telling me I can use the ok command to approve
the message.  I tried just replying to the server with a simple "ok" (nothing
else & sans quotes) as the body of my message.  I was hoping this would enable
distribution of the message to the list with the original header intact.
However, it didn't work.  I'm appending a copy of the message I got
back from the server ... basically saying the confirmation code didn't
correspond to a command (huh?); also implying that the approved message
didn't get distributed to the list.

I suspect I'm probably missing something really simple here, but I'm
not sure what.  I perused the listowner manual and couldn't figure it
out.  Can someone explain the ok mechanism a bit further, or tell me
where to find more info.?  I tried section 6.6 of the May Listowner manual ...
but still couldn't figure it out.

Any other help or insights appreciated.

Thanks,

    Birdie MacLennan
    SERIALST Listowner/Moderator    [log in to unmask]
    University of Vermont           [log in to unmask]

p.s.  Replies directly to me (in addition to the list, if you like)
would be appreciated, since I read the digest version of lstown-l
(once a day @ 5pm EST) -- and today's just came and went.

--------