S Lamido <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 23 Nov 2004 15:33:20 -0000
Charles
You have hit the nail on the head. We have a similar issue on a smaller scale.
With so many clever clogs who think they know what they are doing keep changing things. I just want to stop them having the chance to reduce my work load because of all the new lists coming on board.
I am tired of keep having to go back and re set things on list working fine. Just because an owner has decide to try something new or thinks he know's better. Ironically the few women involved always ask me first.

Susanne
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Charles Oriez
  To: [log in to unmask]
  Sent: Tuesday, November 23, 2004 3:32 PM
  Subject: Re: Review Command

  At 06:36 AM 11/23/2004, [log in to unmask] wrote:
  >Who are you allowing to be list owners?  Is there that little trust among
  >them?
  >
  >Will Rogers stated "Just because you have the right to do something,
  >doesn't make it right to do it."  In this case, "Just because you have
  >access to change the list doesn't give you permission to change the list
  >settings!"

  Never ascribe to malice what it's perfectly reasonable to ascribe to
  incompetence.  More of a case that there is a lack of trust of skill
  levels. I run a bit over 100 lists for one client on different
  topics.  With the exception of a small handful of lists where I also have
  subject matter control,  I and one other tech person are listed as quiet
  owners and our sole functions are to change the headers configuration.
  Other owners are told to leave the configuration alone, not because we
  expect evil, but because we expect screw ups by people who think they
  understand what they are doing, but don't.  If they screw up to the point
  where they've removed the two techs as quiet owners, then our sight
  administrations, who manage something like 1000 lists in all, have to step
  in.