dienes bruce p a <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jul 1996 12:32:40 -0500

>Date:    Tue, 30 Jul 1996 11:00:38 EDT
>From:    Debbie Douglass <[log in to unmask]>
>Subject: Refusing large posts
>
>Is there some keyword I can set in my list header where messages
>over a certain size are refused or sent to me for approval?
>
>I've looked at 'Sizelim' but that only truncates long posts to a
>chosen limit.
>
>A subscriber of my list posted 11 of our digests to the list last
>night.  Needless to say I've got a lot of unhappy
>subscribers. I've set him to REVIEW but I was wondering if there
>was a way I could avoid this in the future.
>
>-Debbie Douglass

In the list header, add a line like:

* Sizelim= 250

which limits the size of any given post to 250 lines. (You can set
whatever limit makes sense for your list.)  Make sure you announce the
policy to the list subscribers.  In our welcome letter we state that the
maximum messages size is 150, but set it at 250 to allow lots of leeway.
That way, if someone's message is auto-rejected and they complain, I can
tell them they are more than 100 lines over the limit...

--
Bruce P. A. Dienes                      "Shared joy increases,
Internet: [log in to unmask]                 Shared pain decreases."

[After Sept. 10th: 902-542-3732]