Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 7 Jul 2004 12:37:50 -0500
On 7/7/2004 12:29 PM, Rich Greenberg wrote:

> On: Wed, Jul 07, 2004 at 01:21:32PM -0400,Eric Luo Wrote:
>
> } A user doesn't want to receive the News from a mailing list. I checked but I
> } could not find user's mail address. Is there any way I can find out under
> } what alias the user is receiving from the mailing list?
>
> If the user will send you a copy of a list posting with the FULL
> headers, scanning the headers MAY give you the original address or at
> least a hint of it.

At the very least, it will show you the host to which the message was
originally delivered. You may be able to find the subscriber in the
same domain.

It is also possible that the messages are being sent to an address which
is automatically redirecting them to several addresses, including that of
the individual in question. If that is the case, he/she will have to take
up the issue with the individual who maintains that particular "service".

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator