Paul Russell <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 21 Jul 2004 15:46:46 -0500
On 7/21/2004 3:07 PM, Winship wrote:
> That depends upon how the approval items are sent.  If they are sent as
> "OK" type approvals all the info is right there in the approval message.
> If it is sent as a "resend/bounce" type approval message, one has to toggle
> to "full header" to see the original header.
>
> For that reason, and that approvals are easier to spot in my mail index
> if sent as "OK" type, I have all my lists set so that I get approvals as
> "OK" rather than "resend/bounce".

As far as I can tell, this has nothing to do with the difference between
'Send= Editor' and 'Send= Editor,Hold'.

On a list configured with 'Send= Editor,Hold', approval requests from our
1.8d production system have the full message, including full headers,
quoted in the body of the approval request. It is not necessary to view
the source or toggle to 'full headers' to see the original headers.

On a list configured with 'Send= Editor,Hold', approval requests from our
1.8e test system have the original message attached as an .eml file. I must
either viewe the source of the approval request or toggle to 'full headers'
in order to see the full headers on the orginal message.

--
Paul Russell
Senior Systems Administrator