Douglas Palmer <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 31 Jul 2002 18:36:22 -0400
On Wed, 31 Jul 2002, Jane Lyle wrote:

> We have a subscriber who has always received indexes. Immediately after
> the upgrade to 1.8e, she began having problems. She orders the index as
> usual, and according to our Listserv administrator, the server sends her
> all the posts she has requested. However, when she opens the resulting
> e-mail message in Lotus Notes, she sees only one message. Her sysadmin has
> reassured her that they don't automatically strip attachments, and what
> she sees is apparently plain text--but only the first post she ordered is
> there; the rest have disappeared.

Listserv 1.8e has a number of disagreements with Lotus Notes wrt MIME. I
would try setting her to NOMIME first to see if that helps. When we first
moved to 1.8e, about 40% of the commands to the LISTSERV were not detected
because it reads MIME message differently from 1.8d and 18.c before it.
Since we fixed the FAQ (basically saying to hit enter at the end of any
command), we only lose about 20% of all the commands sent to the LISTSERV.

-- DCP