Song Weaver <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 25 Dec 1996 08:42:10 -0500
At 7:48 AM 12/25/96, R.A. Vess Enterprises - Randy Vess wrote:
>Is anyone else receiving bogus subscription requests? I've gotten over
>25 today alone....

Yup.  This is the third or fourth time I remember this happening, but
they're easily recognizable by the double names.

One of my lists requires members to agree to the terms and conditions of
the list before we add them, so that solves it there.  The other is also
owner-added, so I can spot those that way, too.

If you don't have a list set up for new members to be added only by the
list owners, you should be sure to set it up so that people have to confirm
that they want to be subscribed.

--Julie

[log in to unmask]         http://drycas.club.cc.cmu.edu/~julie/

...So much to say so much to say so much to say so much to say...