Melvin Klassen <[log in to unmask]>
Thu, 2 Feb 1995 11:11:11 PST
On Thu, 2 Feb 1995 11:51:44 MST, Dan Lester <ALILESTE@IDBSU> wrote:
> One specific problem is in the C language compiler that IBM wrote. It has a
> bug that IBM seems unwilling or unable to fix in a timely manner. It gave,
           ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
> for example, the problem we saw some time ago, of messages coming with some
> totally weird date on them. At this point, the bug is in the optimizer
> section of the software. Which means they have to run the program without
> optimization, which slows it down. It also means they occasionally have to
> try various patches or fixes, which means it is down for a while, with then
> a backlog to try to catch up in unoptimized mode. So things get behind.

Note that this is a problem within IBM's AIX Operating System,
not within IBM's VM Operating System.  Therefore, the following VM-related
advice may not be appropriate, but, you should get an attentative listener,
who should be able to refer you to a similar hot-line for the AIX system.

If you are not satisfied with IBM's VM software-support, and you believe
that you have exhausted all other avenues in their support structure,
but continue to have concerns that need to be addressed, then I recommend
that you telephone the "VM Customer Satisfaction Line" (1-800-4-CARE-IBM),
to get direct access to the group that develops, delivers, and maintains VM.
(Or, send E-mail to [log in to unmask])