"Kenny, Melissa S." <[log in to unmask]>
Wed, 15 Dec 2021 23:04:07 +0000
If you find the approval action for the message in the Listserv log, you can try to match that with the entry in the web logs to see where the approval came from.  I've sometimes seen some of Microsoft's URL checking structure open the URL to test it, thus approving the message.

Melissa Kenny

Web Administrator
Harvard Medical School IT

401 Park Drive
Suite 504 West
Boston, MA 02215
(617) 998-2649 (desk)

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 2021 5:35 PM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Self-posting messages?

Hi

Have been having some messages that seem to be bypassing moderation and p= osting themselves. We have our list set for approval by list owner prior = to posting, and there seems to be a random number of emails (sporadic) th= at seem to get posted despite no-one approving them.. At first I thought = it was just me forgetting I approved them ((dementia setting in, maybe :-=
) ), but one happened this ,morning at 4.44 am when I was definitely fast=  asleep!

Has anyone else seen this? I have checked the subscription of the list me= mbers who the posts were from, and they definitely are set to be moderate= d.

Any thoughts on what I should be checking? Is there a back-end report tha= t will show me who approved which post? I can see the activity report, bu= t it just shows when something was distributed, not who (ie email address=
) approved it.

We only have four listed list owners. Three of these are my email address= es (don;t ask!), and one is the association secretary (who is listed as '= quiet' so not even sure she gets approval messages, as she is not in the = moderator list).

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks
Michael Wishart
ACIPCList Moderator