"David B. O'Donnell - AOL" <[log in to unmask]>
Mon, 21 Oct 1996 17:03:55 -0400
In a message dated 96-10-21 15:27:29 EDT, [log in to unmask] (Dan Akers)
writes:

> I'm the co-owner of a list for people with a hereditary disease Alpha-1
>  Antitrypsin Deficiency. One of the subscribers received a solicitation to
>  buy Child Pornography.
>  She forwarded to me because she didn't know what else to do with. I have
>  forwarded a copy to the [log in to unmask] -- which is where it appears to
>  have come from. Who else can I notify? Any ideas? Is there anyone who
>  watches over the internet for this kind of stuff?

FYI, the users responsible were terminated very early on the morning of 21
October 1996. Unfortunately, this was after a number of messages made their
way to the Internet. Copies of the messages have been sent to our legal
department, which will be handling further investigation.

Please do NOT send more copies of these messages to us, we are already
swamped with hundreds of messages about this issue. If you wish to followup
further, please contact the AOL legal department at [log in to unmask] or +1
703 918 1197.

--
__ David B. O'Donnell ([log in to unmask], [log in to unmask])
\/ AOL Internet Development Outreach and Technology Manager