Mentor Cana <[log in to unmask]>
Sat, 9 Dec 1995 16:31:50 -0500
On Sat, 9 Dec 1995, Winship wrote:

> Mentor,
> the extra character when they can use just a plain "e" and leave it to
> the reader to know which it's supposed to be.
>
> Douglas
>        Douglas Winship   Hays County, Texas  [log in to unmask]
>                     Secondary AUTOCAT Listowner

  Yes, for know that's what are we doing. But, people write to ALBANIAN list
  with 8 bit encoded or Base64 and the e with two dots comes and gets
  distributed as e with two dots on top of it.

  I managed to put the files by adjusting my password to be:
  "3d<plus other stuff in here>" so when I put 8 bit encoded file I supply
  the password without the "3d" part, since the "=" charachet will
  supply the "3d" after translation. But, when I tried to get fn ft I got
  the garbage back. I even tried the F=MIME option and it does not work.
  Can some tell me how can get the files in the right format? Does the F=MIME
  option work with PUT command?

  Thanks to all....

sincerely,
====================== List Owner: ALBANIAN, AlbaNews ======================
Mentor Cana  *---> Graduate Student <----*|"Microsoft gives you the Windoze,
Stevens-Tech, Hoboken, NJ                 | IBM gives you the entire Palace.
[log in to unmask]         | Running OS/2 at the WARP speed"
http://menger.eecs.stevens-tech.edu/~cana/