Jacob Haller <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Jun 1998 12:29:14 -0400
>At 11:31 AM 6/2/98 EDT, Nathan Brindle wrote:
>>It has nothing to do with Reply-To=, it indicates that someone has
>>suddenly started using a mail client that uses "> " as a quoting
>>string (instead of, say, ">") and also quotes the headers from the
>>message being replied to in the body of the reply.
>

>I don't think so to either case.
>
>This is happening with ALL subscribers who post a reply to a previous
>message.  The headers are NOT being quoted in the reply body - only the
>normal headers show up at the top.
>
>The messages are not being rejected, BTW:  they are making it to the list,
>and the error report is being sent to me.

I don't think anyone will disagree with me when I say this sounds very bizarre.

Do you have a sample rejection notice that you could forward to the mailing
list?

You might also want to get in touch with your LISTSERV maintainer
(LISTSERV-request@whatever) to see if other people are having this problem.

Thanks,
jwgh