James Hale <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 2 Jul 1996 10:16:51 +1000
Hi,

One of the lists I manage seems to be behaving strandely.

Each post to the list (one two editors can post) actually gets through to
the subscribers BUT a reject notice is sent back to the poster (myself or
the other editor) informing them that the post has been rejected as it
has...

>Your message  is being returned to  you unprocessed because it  appears to
>have
>already  been distributed  to the  ACIMLESSONS list.  That is,  a message
>with
>identical text  (but possibly with different  mail headers) has been
>posted to
>the list recently, either by you or by  someone else. If you have a good
>reason
>to resend this message to the list (for instance because you have been
>notified
>of a hardware failure with loss of  data), please alter the text of the
>message
>in some way and  resend it to the list. Note that  altering the "Subject:"
>line
>or adding blank  lines at the top  or bottom of the message  is not
>sufficient;
>you should  instead add a  sentence or  two at the  top explaining why
>you are
>resending the  message, so that the  other subscribers understand why
>they are
>getting two copies of the same message.

It seems like a loop and bounce, I think.
I thought that some subscriber on the list was bouncing the message and
somehow LISTSERV thought it was getting a legal post from an editor and
thus responded as above.

However I have yet to find where the bounce is.
There is one domain and one user mentioned in the reject.
Of the domain, there are three users.
I have unsubscribed these users (three from domain and the single
explicitly named) and tried posting to the list but still get the
reject/duplicate post.

Any thoughts?

James

James Hale                             Faculty of Health Sciences
Manager, Computing Unit                La Trobe University,Bundoora, AUSTRALIA
Tel: +61 3 9285 5122                  <mailto:[log in to unmask]>
Fax: +61 3 9285 5270
"The grace of God rests gently on forgiving eyes,
and everything they look on speaks of Him to the beholder.
He can see no evil, nothing in the world to fear,
and no one who is different from himself."  Text, P 418

˜