Nathan Brindle <[log in to unmask]>
Tue, 28 Sep 1999 13:16:59 EDT
On Tue, 28 Sep 1999 11:45:42 -0400 you said:
>>         Hello all. I=B4m trying to see where are  listserv=B4s user pass=
>word, but I
>> can=B4t find it. Can you help me, please?? (I need my users have the sam=
>e pop
>> and listserv password).
>
>They are encrypted and you can't access them. If you need to know them the=
>
>user will have to tell you.

Actually that is not the case.  A LISTSERV postmaster can issue a
"PWC QUERY userid@host" command to see anyone's LISTSERV password.
See the manual, chapter 6, under the LISTSERV maintainer commands
section.

Frankly I think it is not a very good idea to overload your user's POP
password as a LISTSERV password, however (or as any other password for
that matter).  But that is a basic password security issue to begin with.

Nathan